Sib Ultimate - Removing redundant Playback Configurations

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
wezken

Post by wezken » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 pm

I have installed NotePerformer to my Sibelius Ultimate, and having heard what it can do, I doubt I will ever return to what I was using before, so I would like to remove my previous Playback Configurations from the list in Play/Configuration and Play/Setup and just leave the NotePerfomer configuration.
The lists I have are shown in these screenshots:
In the "Configuration:" dropdown and the "Available devices" list
Playback Devices_2.gif
Playback Devices_2.gif (20.9 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
If I choose anything from the dropdown other than Note Performer it shows as selected in the list but doesn't show in Available devices, also the "Delete" button is greyed out.
Playback Devices_3.gif
Playback Devices_3.gif (17.87 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
The configuration list showing Note Performer selected. If I select anything else the result in "Playback devices" is the same as above.
Playback Devices_4.gif
Playback Devices_4.gif (35.66 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
I should add that I have followed a number of suggestions in various other threads, including deleting the registry keys for Sibelius Sounds and the folders containing the various soundsets, but nothing has changed. Sibelius seems to work quite happily apart from the nagging dialog about "the Library Essentials" not being found, which I would like to get rid of, and these redundant entries in the lists, which I would like to tidy up if possible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:34 am

It seems that Sibelius is a very closed and jealous piece of software. It is only through the work of third party programmers that you can add anything to it at all.
That said, have you deleted or renamed the Sibelius Sounds folder? If so, then search for and delete these three things.
1. PlogueEngine folder.
2. Playback Configurations folder
3. PlaybackConfig.xml
You will need to be able to access hidden files and folders to do so.

If that doesen't work, just live with the list as it is. As long as NP is working, that's all that matters.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:05 am

You cannot edit or delete any of the built-in configurations. This has been the case since the very beginning.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

wezken

Post by wezken » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:04 am

Thanks to you both for your useful comments.
I have successfully removed the Aria Player from the lists by uninstalling Garritan. Doesn't look as if it's possible to get rid of anything else though as they are all of the "built in" variety as Mike says.

If you dont mind helping me with another couple of questions, I'm just trying to improve my knowledge of Sibelius so I dont keep having to use this forum... :)

1. It seems that Sibelius Sounds was installed as part of the Sibelius Ultimate package and cant be uninstalled, is that right?

2. "the Library Essentials" not being found on startup, could you tell me what is the "library Essentials"? I'm not sure what I'm looking for. If I click 'Yes' on the dialog it opens to C:/Program files/Avid/Sibelius but there's nothing selected.

Thanks for your patience.

pianowillbebach
Sibelius Version: 6

Post by pianowillbebach » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:27 pm

I believe that Sounds can be uninstalled, but I'm not positive. Try it and find out!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Sibelius sounds (possibly listed as Sibelius 7 sounds can be uninstalled, though many of the sounds are ok, so why would you unless you are very short on disc space?

The installation of Sib sounds creates a registry entry (in windows - no idea on a mac) so it is best to uninstall it using the official method. Randomly deleting files will only end up with you making a mess - trust me on this. You might be better finding your answers on the official Sibelius forum. At least you will have access to the sibelius development team who do monitor that board.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

PerformerOfNotes
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by PerformerOfNotes » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:00 am

Hi. I am new in Sibelius Forum. I have no idea to create a "New Topic" in this forum. I am a user of Sibelius Ultimate and composing with Noteperfomer 3. I would like to create a new topic about Noteperfomer and in FAQ I just get an information like click new topic. I have been looking where to click for a very long time now. Where in the whole world is the button to click "New Topic" in the Forum?
I have composed a piece for piano and full orchestra. But the piano sound is terrible, so I have to find other solutions and I have some ideas. That is my "New Topic".
Please tell me how to create a New Topic, please.
Thanks

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:14 am

You have to look for the words 'New Topic' - it's as simple as that! Right at the top of the page. :D
new topic.jpg
new topic.jpg (67.22 KiB) Viewed 3225 times