Huge Time Signatures not appearing according to Text Style

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
harrisonjcollins
Sibelius Version: 2020.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by harrisonjcollins » Tue May 14, 2019 1:31 am

Hi all,

I've been working on some personalization of the engraving of my wind ensemble pieces, and recently began using "huge" time signatures. In one work, I set it up so that the time signatures appear in multiple places in the score (Engraving Rules>Edit Text Style>Vertical Position) by setting it to "Multiple System Object Positions", then "Some Staves Only", and selecting Top, 3rd Position, and 4th Position. The result of that is pictured here. However, with these same settings in a different file, I cannot get the time signatures to appear in the 3rd and 4th positions (only at the top). What could be different that is preventing the time signatures from appearing?

Thanks in advance,

Harrison
Attachments
Time Signatures Appearing.png
Time Signatures Appearing.png (187.66 KiB) Viewed 2001 times

harrisonjcollins
Sibelius Version: 2020.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by harrisonjcollins » Tue May 14, 2019 1:33 am

Here's a picture of the time signatures NOT appearing in a different score.
Attachments
Time Signatures NOT Appearing.png
Time Signatures NOT Appearing.png (244.25 KiB) Viewed 2000 times

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue May 14, 2019 5:48 pm

I wonder if the difference might be because the two scores have different instrumentation. Thus positions are different. Meaning you might not be able to use a universal engraving rule like this.

What does this do to individual parts? As long as the parts are OK, can't the conductor figure it out?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop