problems saving to a folder

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
cathryndavis
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by cathryndavis » Thu May 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Having problems saving my file to a specific folder. When I save or save as and it asks where to save it...I point to a folder that is on my desktop BUT it saves everything to the desktop and not the specific folder. This has never happened before so something is wrong with what?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu May 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Can you show a screen print of the save dialog, showing the path to the file? (ie do a save as and snap the open dialog after you have tried to point it to your folder).

You should never save files to your desktop. A point will come when the desktop will start acting up and you run the risk of losing or corrupting all your files. I would recommend having your sib files on an external thumb drive or portable hard drive.- the files are generally tiny so you'd only need a few gig of memory to save them.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk