Lot of Views...NO Answers

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:06 pm

I thought someone would know the answer to what seems to be a simple question. "Changing the size of chord font". I can make the font larger, but how do I make it as a permanent default at the larger size? Don't want to keep making the chord symbols bigger each time I enter them either in my score or on a lead sheet. Thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:42 pm

I have little or no use for chord symbols in the kind of music I write which is why I haven't responded until now. However, here's a suggestion: Create a manuscript paper and/or house style after setting up your text sizes and use that every time you write some guitar music. If this doesn't work, ask again.

One reason why you are probably not getting replies is that this board has only recently been resurrected from a pretty much dead state. No Avid representatives come here any more AFAIK. You might get better results on the official Sib forum and on FB.

https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... &groupid=3

You should also know that, unless you've got Sib Ultimate, these options may not be available to you.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

sus4

Post by sus4 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:00 pm

Mike, thanks for responding. As you know my question didn't have anything to do with chord symbols, it had to do with the size of the font which you did answer and that creating a manuscript paper was the easiest way to go. Thanks.
On another note, I didn't know that this board was "resurrected from a pretty much dead state". Why do you think that is? Thanks again.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:52 am

Many years ago, this was a semi-official board for Sib users and was frequented by Sibelius developers. After a while it became a bit of a hide-out for illegal users (ie hacked versions of Sib) and when Avid bought Sibelius support almost completely dried up so gradually people went to the legit forums and FB.

Untill a couple iof years ago almost nobody came here, apart from old die-hards like me. I'm glad it has picked up again.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:49 am

The title of the site brings in new visitors, thinking that it's the official site, of course. Most ask a single question and then disappear - often referred to the official chat pages where they'll get speedier answers from a wider range of people.

I think there may possibly now be five regular 'answerers' on here from time to time. :)