exporting and audio file that misses some of the measures

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
cathryndavis
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by cathryndavis » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:54 pm

I am using Sibelius 7.5 on a Mac Pro 13"- 2015 computer and am trying to export my file to make an audio aiff file. (Like I have done with so many other projects) The audio file starts off fine and then starts missing measures, it catches up again and the tempos are wacky and then plays the last section perfectly. Has anyone had this happen? I've already:
1)copied the sibelius file to a new file
2)deleted the first 2 pages of music in the sibelius file and entered them again

Does anyone have any help with this matter. Of course this is the file that is due to send.
Thanks,

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:51 am

AFAICT, exporting audio from Sibelius does not use your soundcard at all, so this can be excluded from the list of things that normally cause stuttering or missing in playback.

What other software is running in the background? In earlier versions of Sibelius, there were issues with memory leaks and so on that were exacerbated by other programs running at the time.

As you're a Mac user, have you completely restarted your computer before exporting audio?

What VSTi are you using (Sib sounds/Kontakt/EWQL)?

How much RAM have you got?

Turn off things like Live playback and set the playback performance options to meccanico. If there are tempo markings or other 'style' words like Waltz, shuffle, swing, untick all their play on pass boxes in the inspector.

You might be able to get more/more useful replies if you try the official Sib forum at https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... &groupid=3
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Just to add, try exporting as a wav file just to see if that is ok.

And reiterate the importance of a restart when things don't work correctly. Mike asked about ram because if your mac only has 4gb of ram and you are trying to export a full orchestra piece, sometimes 4 gb isn't enough.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop