strange behavior of added staff below inst

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
gstew

Post by gstew » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:56 pm

hey everyone,

weird thing happening , I have my string section done with Violin I w three staff added below it( for divisi) and the rest of the strings done the same w three staff added below the instrument. For some reason in in only one 30 bar section there's rests in the same voice behind the notes and the staff below is blank with no notes or rests, I can't figure it out, I must have accidentally hit something that merged those random bars where it happens, I can't seem to un merge them. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the whole string section and recopying from an older version but the same problem is there. I'm sure its something simple that I'm missing.

thanks,

G
Sibelius Ultimate
Noteperformer 3
Macbook Pro 2017

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:26 am

One thing to try might be to copy everything but the strings to a new score. Then add the strings form the older version.

I'm thinking that something in the present score is the problem. Sometimes copying in sections strips out problems. Sometimes.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:16 am

My suggestion would be that staves have been dragged on top of each other accidentally. Select the section concerned and click reset space above/below and then optimize on the layout tab.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

gstew

Post by gstew » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:47 pm

thanks Mike,

I ended up just deleting and copying rests into the bars that were blank and reinputting the strings for that section, any time I copied from the original score( which I accidentally set up w inst for each divisi instead off a staff below) it would cause the same problem in the same bars. Hopefully won't happen again in the score, doesn't;t look like it anyhow.

thanks again,

Grant
Sibelius Ultimate
Noteperformer 3
Macbook Pro 2017