F19 Key - Shortcut Mapping

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
bradytosto
Sibelius Version: 2020.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by bradytosto » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:32 am

I need some help!! Not a big issue, just a minute detail that ends up being frustrating.
(Also, just updated to 2020.1, with the issue still showing in both 2019.12 and the newest version... *using an iMac, not windows*)

I recently got a separate keypad for note input. It also has the F13-F19 function keys. I am trying to map the F19 shortcut key to a shortcut and it will not work, no matter which shortcut I map it to.
The F19 key is responding, however it will only perform the "Play from selection" command - even when not mapped to that function.

Things I have done in an attempt to fix the situation:
-Map the F19 key to any keyboard shortcut (still executes the "Play from selection" command)
-Checked to ensure that only the "P" shortcut was set to the "Play from selection" command (it is).
-Unchecked the "Enable Feature" box under "Play from selection" (with the F19 key still mapped to any other command, when that box is unchecked the F19 key does not work at all)
-Deleted the "P" shortcut (no fix)
-Mapped another Function key to "Play from selection" in hopes it would "cancel out" the hidden F19 command (they both would execute the "Play from selection" command)
-Attempted to map the F19 key to a Sibelius shortcut under keyboard settings on my iMac (even when mapped in settings, it still will only perform the "Play from selection" command)

-I have also used other applications and mapped the F19 key to various commands with success, which leads me to believe it is a software issue... not a hardware issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... like I said it is not a big deal, but would be nice to be able to use that key for a different purpose.

Thanks again!!