Can't Activate Sibelius on 2nd Computer

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
shapsticks
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3

Post by shapsticks » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi,

I have a new for me late 2015 iMac (10.15.1 Catalina). I can't activate Sibelius 7.1.3 on it. I have Sibelius activated on only 1 other computer. When I try to active it on my second computer I get the 3 attached error messages.
Would anyone know what I can do?
I tried phone support but as you probably know, it's unavailable.

Thanks,
Mick
Attachments
ERROR 3.png
ERROR 3.png (90.97 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
ERROR 2.png
ERROR 2.png (30.28 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
ERROR 1.png
ERROR 1.png (37.43 KiB) Viewed 5269 times

AngelaR
Sibelius Version: 2020.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by AngelaR » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm

This isn't an answer - but I have the same problem. I can't activate Sibelius 2020.1 on my new laptop (Mac OS 10.15.3) having used Sibelius (now version 8.7.2) successfully on my desktop computer for many years. I'm in the process of emailing and talking to Avid/Sibelius support but they don't seem to be able to resolve it at the moment.

I get an error message with Avid Link each time I try to activate my existing licence, and when I downloaded Avid Link again from the Avid website to see if re-installing it would help, my Mac wouldn't open it as it said it couldn't scan it for malicious software.

The latest message from the Avid/Sibelius agent I'm emailing said 'We may have an issue on the Avid platform'. I'll keep you posted if I have anything useful.

If you've found an answer in the meantime, please let me know - and if anyone else knows how to resolve this, please say!

shapsticks

Post by shapsticks » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Thanks for your response. My situation is a little different in that I have Sibelius 7.1.3. I was told by someone on the Facebook Sibelius forum (have you tried there?) that 7 doesn’t run on Catalina which my new iMac is running. Hope you can resolve your issue.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:49 am

Both of you should try posting the questions on the OFFICIAL Sibelius chat pages. This is an unofficial site and no-one from Avid looks in.

The official site: https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3 is monitored by Avid and if none of the members can help you resolve your issues, someone from Avid (and there's a new guy they've just taken on to help with activation issues) will certainly do so.

AngelaR
Sibelius Version: 2020.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by AngelaR » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 pm

Thanks for your advice, andyg. I'll make a note of the official Sibelius help page. In case this is useful for anyone else, since posting I've resolved the problem through a 2.5-hour phone conversation with an Avid Sibelius support agent, who got advice during our conversation from a tech person in Holland. Avid Link probably wouldn't open because I'd migrated all my data from my old mac to my new one, and migrated applications aren't supported. I had to uninstall Avid Link then create a new user account on my laptop and download/reinstall Avid LInk and it worked straightaway. Now I can get back to work. . .

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:12 pm

If you only knew how many issues were caused by migration! It's a nice time saver in theory but in practice can be a right PITA!

shapsticks

Post by shapsticks » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:41 am

Thanks Andy, I'm going to post now.