Note duration vs. intervals - Mac numeric keyboard

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
smborchert
Sibelius Version: 2020.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by smborchert » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:13 am

Just upgraded to Sibelius 2020.1 (Mac) from a very old version and the fist difference I've noticed is: clicking a note & using the numerical keyboard does not change the duration of the note or rest, but adds an interval above the note (or below if I hold the shift button). All well & good, but then what is the keyboard shortcut for changing the duration of the note or rest?

Also, none of the numeric keys does anything to the duration of any rest I select... I can do it with the keypad but I want the keyboard shortcut! Lemme know, thx

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:29 pm

Do you have a proper numeric keypad at the right of your keyboard?

If so, it should change note and rest durations (as well as lots of other things depending on what 'page' the keypad is on - selected with Function keys), and the number keys above the letters should add intervals above and below a selected note.

If you don't have a real numeric keypad, all bets are off!

Have you perhaps imported some settings from your old version of Sibelius or is it a fresh, virgin installation?

smborchert
Sibelius Version: 2020.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by smborchert » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:57 pm

looks like all bets are off then. Didn't import old settings, no keypad to the right of the keyboard, just the numbers above the letters (it's a small laptop). And the 'page' on the digital keypad doesn't make a difference, number buttons change the intervals and only the intervals. But thanks for replying!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:36 am

Get a plug-in numberpad. There are many such suitable for Mac on the market!
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk