About music matching time signatures

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Prestoch
Sibelius Version: 8.5.0
Operating System: Mac

Post by Prestoch » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:57 pm

Hello. I am mired in doubts about how to use time signatures in my music correctly.

I would like to show you a fragment of my prelude (see attachments), mainly written in 6/4 and 4/4, but there are measures that differ from these (such as 9/8 and 3/4, even 15/16).
And I'm not quite sure how to put it all together in right way. I would hate to change the time signature from bar to bar. Fox example, in classical music, this is not such a frequent practice and tuplets and subdivided measures are often used there for such cases.
If you have experience, please tell me what to do best: use tuplets to shrink the music for a needed time, divide larger bars into small ones (but I'm not sure how it applicable for my particular case), rewrite music so that'll match the time (I would not want to do this because I like how it sounds right now), or maybe something else.

Thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Do what you feel you need to do to make your intentions clear to the player.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk