Voicings of different length (Guitar)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
soclydeza
Sibelius Version: 2020.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by soclydeza » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:05 pm

I'm trying to score out a piece in a traditional classical/fingerstyle guitar format, where the bass, accompaniment and melody are all presented on the same treble clef, however this involves adding voicings of different note duration to existing voice groups. I'd like to be able to write in the bass part, then the melody, then any additional accompaniment notes (different note durations) but I can't figure out how to do it without deleting the original note. I know I can select the existing note and type in the interval number using the numbers on the keyboard, but that only adds a note of the same duration as the original and I can't seem to figure out how to change it.

I still have yet to try writing each individual voice on a separate stave, then combining them at the end, but I figure there might be a more clear-cut way to do this. Any ideas?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:47 pm

Sibeliius has a feature called voices to deal with these situations. Put the bass in voice 4, the accompaniment in voice 3 and the top line split between voices 1 and 2.

Something like the attached.
Attachments
3 voices.png
3 voices.png (18.97 KiB) Viewed 1535 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk