Can't create section end in Sibelius 8.2

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Georgemanakos
Sibelius Version: 8.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by Georgemanakos » Tue May 12, 2020 7:55 am

Hello fellow Sibelius users. I've been using Sibelius since version 6. I am making a piece with several movements. Everything is set, I start with new key signature and bars and what not but I also want instrument names to be shown full at the start of every movement. So I went to Appearance--->Instrument Names--->At new sections: Full. But for the changes to be noticeable i also need to create a section end at the final bar of the previous movement. So far I only used page breaks. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I remember it was somewhere on the Properties window back in Sibelius 6 and on the inspector window in Sibelius 7 but now the inspector has way fewer options in ver. 8 and it's not there either. Any help by those wiser ?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Tue May 12, 2020 8:09 am

Section end is in the bars panel of the Inspector. Not exactly intuitive, I know!
Attachments
section end.png
section end.png (40.53 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Georgemanakos
Sibelius Version: 8.2

Post by Georgemanakos » Tue May 12, 2020 9:07 am

Greatly appreciated. Sometimes Sibelius isn't exactly synonymous with intuition but it really makes it up with features and power I guess.