Is there a way to make Sibelius stop asking me to locate the Sibelius Sounds library?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
tdogg2555
Sibelius Version: 2018
Operating System: Windows

Post by tdogg2555 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:48 am

So, I recently invested in NotePerformer 3, and it's rendered the Sibelius Sounds library completely obsolete. Given the size of the Sibelius Sounds library, I decided to just delete it from the drive that holds all my sample libraries. Now, every time I boot up Sibelius, I'm presented with a message that says the library couldn't be found, and asks if I'd like to locate it. Checking "don't ask me this again," doesn't seem to work, and I'm presented with the same message every time.

It's not a huge deal, just a minor inconvenience, but I'd like it to go away if I could.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sun May 24, 2020 8:29 pm

Well, if you just deleted it you need to get rid of the registry entrys that sibelius creates when you install the sounds properly.

If you still have the sounds installed, you can point sib to them when you run it and then do a proper uninstall of the sounds.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk