Forcing Sibelius to use part layout when Exporting Video

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
jdrinkwater
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2020.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by jdrinkwater » Sat May 30, 2020 8:41 pm

I am creating playalong parts for my school orchestra, during lockdown, and uploading them to Youtube.

I have read page 97 of the latest help guide (manually preparing scores for video export).

I have changed the layout of my parts to 297mm by 167.1mm as advised for 16:9 aspect ratio.

As advised, I choose 720p or 1080p from the video option, but Sibelius now doesn't use my formatted parts.

Here for example is my oboe part formatted:
oboe.JPG
oboe.JPG (157.18 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
It worked once for the first part I did (flutes), then I copied the layout to all the other parts, including the oboe, and now the video export option doesn't use my edited layout.
export low res.JPG
export low res.JPG (162.89 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
Here is the proof the layout is correctly sized:
layout.JPG
layout.JPG (154.88 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much as this has already cost me many hours frustration.

James

jdrinkwater
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2020.3

Post by jdrinkwater » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:30 am

The answer to my question is that you need to export the individual parts, once formatted, as independent scores, and then export the videos 'using score layout' from these individual Sibelius files.

markbrowse
Sibelius Version: 7.5

Post by markbrowse » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:24 am

I have a similar issue. I have a piece that has more than one choir in it and I would like to make separate videos for each choir. I would like to be able to control the page layout, and the audio track has to include all the voices (not just the particular choir in the video). It seems odd that you can control the page layout for the full score but not for parts.

I'm using Sibelius 7.5