Change instrument in score (e.g. snare drum to vibraphone)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
bendikhk
Sibelius Version: 2020.6
Operating System: Mac

Post by bendikhk » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi!

I just updated my Sibelius to the latest version (2020.6), but now it seems that a lot of the menu bar possibilities are gone?
E.g. changing instruments in the percussion stem... Previously this was done with the `clarinet -> saxophone`- emoji (alt+shit+cmd+i).

Does anybody know how to do this with the latest version of Sibelius?

Thanks,
Bendik

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:33 pm

Depending what your previous version was, you may have accomplished a downgrade. If you were on a version such as Sibelius 7.5 and changed to Sibelius 2020.6, you have lost a lot of functionality.

However, that should not have changed the sounds on your drum line. If your new version of Sibelius does NOT display the word Ultimate when it is starting (on the splash screen) you do NOT have the functionality you are looking for.

Also, you should realise that it is always a very bad idea to try to use an instrument change to alter an unpitched percussion staff to a pitched percussion staff. The effects can be unpredictable.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk