Manually deactivate/reactivate -- but how?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Leenerz
Sibelius Version: 2020.6
Operating System: Windows

Post by Leenerz » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:12 pm

Good afternoon. I would like to consider myself a new Sibelius user, but I haven't been able to use it yet.

I received this error message: "Sibelius has detected a problem with your product activation. Your copy of Sibelius now needs to be manually deactivated and reactivated."

I am then referred to a link with FAQs and videos but nothing that tells me how to do this. Every time I click "Need Help" on the right of the screen it says chat is unavailable. And the phone number on the customer service page is a recording saying the phone center is shut down due to the pandemic.

All these problems, but the website did charge my credit card quite efficiently for the Ultimate subscription! (LOL)

If anyone can take pity on me and lend a hand I would be most grateful.

Best to you all,

Eileen
Bow, Washington, USA

Leenerz

Post by Leenerz » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:30 pm

PS -- I went to the Avid Link and clicked "Deactivate" under Sibelius and it said deactivation failed because there is "no record of this device."

I feel like I am in an Escher drawing. >.<

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:48 am

I know how you feel. Avid Link is a nightmare.

Did you make sure that Sibelius was not running, not even in the background?
With Sibelius closed, open avid link and log in using your credentials. You could also log in (at the same time) through a browser to your Avid Master Account. https://my.avid.com/account/orientation

When you have logged in to Avid Link, make absolutely sure there are no sibelius licences active.

When you have checked this, THEN try to activate.

If this fails, contact registration support to open a case. They usually respond quickly.

As a last hope, contact ingrid.guce@avid.com directly. Ingrid has always been very helpful.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Leenerz

Post by Leenerz » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Oh, wow, an actual human! Thank you for your prompt reply. I was in cyber purgatory.

Avid showed my Sibelius link as active. But when I tried to deactivate it, it wouldn't let me. Instead I kept getting the aforementioned error message and was redirected me to Sibelius Light.

Have started a case and will await their response, as you suggested. Not that that was easy either.

So once I get up an running maybe I should get an ear piercing like sailors do when they,'ve sailed aroung the Horn. LOL

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:29 am

It's worth noting that this forum is largely moribund. Apart from myself and a very small number of other die-hards it is not visited by anyone much and certainly not by any AVID employees. You can get much quicker help from one of the FB pages or from the avid forum itself at https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... &groupid=3.

I'd also avoid piercings as well, if I were you. Pirates often lost an ear due to gangrene setting in to the infected hole! ;-) :D
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Leenerz

Post by Leenerz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Ha ha, thanks for the advice. Sounds like I might get scurvy if I keep hanging around here. LOL

Seriously, your time is appreciated, and indeed I did get a prompt reply via Facebook and got Sibelius successfully launched.

Now, it would have made sense to update their website, deleting tabs and redirects to defunct support links and instead let people know about Facebook, but maybe if I were a millenial I would have known that already.

Best,

=e