Movie Syncing Issues

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
nojuan

Post by nojuan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Hey party people,
I'm doing a bunch of work with short films these days (about 10 minutes in length each), and I've noticed that there seems to be a syncing issue. If I start playback from the beginning of the score, the film syncs as is intended. But if playback has been stopped and I start playback again (or move anywhere in the score and re-start playback), the video moves back about 1-2 seconds from where it's supposed to be. The only way to get it to sync again is to go back to the beginning of the score.

I'm on Big Sur and am running Sibelius 2019.9, if that helps. Anyone have any ideas?

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:00 pm

That version of Sibelius is incompatible with Big Sur and video problems are one of the many symptoms.

You have two options:

1) revert back to, and stick with, a previous Mac OS
2) update your version of Sibelius to the current one.

nojuan

Post by nojuan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:20 pm

Thank you for your quick response. Of course it's a rookie mistake for me to not have updated everything before posting (although the issue was still a problem before I upgraded to Big Sur as well). Unfortunately even now that I'm up to date on everything, the problem persists.

I suppose the temporary solution is to never start playback from the beginning, and let the "incorrect" sync be what I use - then I can re-align the video and a printed click track in a DAW later. Unless anyone else has any bright ideas! Thank you again.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:43 pm

You should also try asking the question on the official Sibelius chat pages, this is an unofficial forum.

nojuan

Post by nojuan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Thank you, I will.

PJRasmussenJazz
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by PJRasmussenJazz » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:01 pm

I have a similar issue.

I recently updated to the latest Sibelius Ultimate because I had to update my Mac OS and the old one wasn't supported anymore. I've done several short films in Sibelius, and I've never had this issue. I exported my audio, removed the one beat of silence Sibelius inputs (as per their FB forum), and lined it up, all to find it was out of sync.

My frame rates match in my DAW and in Sibelius.

Based on the delay of the sync, it looks like the video starts at the indicated time, while the audio waits a beat. I even tried it using General MIDI playback and not Sibelius in case it was a sound library thing.

I'm running all this on a Mac w/ 10.15.7

Any help?

Thanks!