QWERTY Keyboard Problem

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
SES312
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by SES312 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Regards from Sweden Everyone,
I recently purchased a student license for the newest version of Ultimate for my daughter. I also have Ultimate at my parish job. The problem is that I'm unable to input notes with her Sibelius and a QWERTY keyboard. I have it set such that the quartenote is attributed to the number 5 key on the computer keyboard. So when I play a tone from the synth and press 5, nothing happens.
At first, I thought it was because I had given her an older synth to use, but when I tried using her Ultimate with my more modern synth at my office, I still had the same problem.
I looked through my own Ultimate, which does work with a QWERTY keyboard, but failed notice any discrepancy. What does work on her Sibelius is to "record" from the synth keyboard, but I've always preferred using the QWETRY method to input notes into Sibelius ever since they adopted the same input method with a computer keyboard that Finale has used for years.
There must be something that is not correctly set in her version, but everyone I've asked is at a loss to find a solution. She has it installed on a stationary computer as well as a laptop, the problem is the same on both.
Does anyone have any ideas?