Lyrics suddenly colliding

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
theprussianbard
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2020.9
Operating System: Mac

Post by theprussianbard » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:20 pm

Hi there. I'm working on a slew of lead sheets and have been having no problem with the way that Sibelius automatically spaces out the lyrics as I type them directly into the score. But then, all of the sudden, the lyrics started colliding with each other, and the notes are not spacing themselves out as they used to.

I thought that it must have something to do with the custom house style, so I started a new document and just used the standard house style. But the lyrics still keep colliding and not automatically spacing out. I've tried other suggestions that I've found on this forum, resetting every option I can think of, but nothing is working. The lyrics keep piling on top of each other when I type them in.

Help? I'm thinking maybe I somehow turned an option on/off and I can't figure out how to get it to go back to how it used to be.

Thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:46 am

If you are creating lead sheets, am I right in thinking you are using a fixed number of bars per system?

If so, I think you are probably trying to put too many bars on a line. Use [ctrl/cmd]a, followed by [ctrl/cmd][shift]u followed by [ctrl/cmd][shift]n.

If this doesn't solve your issue, try changing the setting in the image. You may have to use reset spacing ([ctrl/cmd][shift]n) for it to take effect.

Another thing you can try is to reduce the size of the text used for the lyrics.
Attachments
lyric spacing.png
lyric spacing.png (57.19 KiB) Viewed 1809 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

theprussianbard
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2020.9
Operating System: Mac

Post by theprussianbard » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 pm

That fixed the issue! Thank you so much. Ugh. It was driving me crazy. Appreciate your help.