Sibelius Ultimate (Shortcut)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
violin20
Sibelius Version: 2020.6v 2711
Operating System: Mac

Post by violin20 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:30 pm

Hi
I've been given a Sibelius version 2020.6 2711 and the person who gave me that claims it's an ultimate version.

Ideally if you have ultimate should should able to customise the shortcut keys but there is no such a facility in mine.

Can you please guide me how i could make sure if my version is an ultimate or not!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:46 pm

The splash screen on startup will tell you what tier you have. Ultimate, plain Sibelius or Sibelius First.

Technically that person cannot 'give' you Sibelius. If they were the legitimate owner of the licence to use the software (and that's what you buy, not the software itself), then they cannot transfer that licence to anyone else. It would be registered to them, they would have the System ID and Activation codes, tied to their own Avid account. And they should not allow anyone else to use their second activation. It's theirs alone and they can, or should, only run one activation at a time. Anything else is software piracy. :(

Sounds like you may have the free version, which is basically rubbish. If you want Ultimate, you'll have to buy it.