Sibelius 7: Cue notes from more than 1 voice (presumably to more than 1 voice)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
RPBsjos
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by RPBsjos » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:55 pm

Dear all,
At the moment I am finishing a score in which there are cue notes from a harp part. The harp notes are in 2 different voices and I'd like to paste them all as cue notes in the other staves. However, when I paste them properly as a cue (cmd alt shift V), I always end up with only one of the voices as cue, and the rest not pasted. It happens both when filtering both voices before copying and when just selecting the passage, and when I try both these options on the destination staff before pasting.

I know there is of course the option of just entering the missing voice in an empty voice at the destination and make them cue sized, but these then wouldn't have the cue specs (hidden in the score, shown in the part) like the ones properly pasted as cue, would they? :wink:

I have searched the manual and the internet for this matter, but I might just have not hit the right key words. I hope some of you can help me point the way to a solution or a Sibelius option I overlooked :wink: . Let's hope it doesn't have to be the (not so) quick and dirty option, but I fear I might have reached the limits of the abilities of Sibelius' standard options.
Many thanks in advance!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:11 pm

Use paste into voice then, while they are still selected use the keypad to make them cue sized and hide/show to make them hidden in the score. It's hardly a major issue.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

RPBsjos
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by RPBsjos » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:58 am

Thanks for the answer, MikeLyons.
Your option of pasting into voice, is what I meant more generally (and, I must admit, not that clearly) with:
I know there is of course the option of just entering the missing voice in an empty voice at the destination and make them cue sized (...)
I was just curious, if there was a more direct way to in one step copy both voices and past them directly 'as cue', without in between steps. I just thought if this option is there it would be good to know, not just for me, but for all Sibelius users working with multi voice cues, or what they should be called. However small, it would still save a bit of time :wink: .
Nevertheless, another time many thanks for your answer.