Activate Sibelius 7

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
grantcahoon
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by grantcahoon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:42 am

I can open and print scores that I did several years ago using Sibelius 7, but when I try to open a score I did using Sibelius Ultimate a few weeks ago, it won't open it. I get this message:

There was an error opening the score /Users/grantcahoon/Desktop/My Thoughts/My Thought Melody.sib: This score was created with a newer version of Sibelius 7. You need to update Sibelius 7 to open it (a free update may be available from www.sibelius.com)

Is there a free update available?

Grant Cahoon

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:53 am

The bad news is no. There is no free update. Sibelius Ultimate (2020.x) is the latest version of Sibelius.

The good news is that if you send it to me I will convert it to Sib 7 for you. (For free).
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

grantcahoon

Post by grantcahoon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:53 pm

This info was deleted by the user.
Last edited by grantcahoon on Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grantcahoon

Post by grantcahoon » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:19 pm

Im not sure what you want me to send to you? Is it Sibelius Ultimate or the Free Version - Sibelius First. I don't have Sibelius Ultimate. I cancelled my subscription. If that is what you want and you would convert it to Sibelius 7, would I still be paying for Sibelius Ultimate while using Sibelius 7. That wouldn't be helpful??? So, I'm not exactly sure what you are offering.

thanks

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:08 pm

Grant, remove your details ASAP! Anyone could use them!

I think what Mike is saying is that if you have Sibelius Ultimate files, he can convert them to Sib 7 format. No-one can give you Sibelius 7 or Ultimate.

If you still have your Sibelius 7 disks, serial number etc, then remove Ultimate and reinstall 7. You can't activate directly on line any more, the process is a bit fiddly, but you can still definitely use 7 if you have bought and paid for it, the licence you have for 7 is perpetual.

You would probably be better off dealing with this on the official Sibelius forum. Avid staff do reply to queries and you could always email Ingrid Guce ( it think her email address is ingrid.guce (at) avid.com, but you'll find details on the official forum.

MikeLyons

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:27 pm

Send me the files you created/edited in Sib ultimate so I can convert them back to sib 7.x for you. As Andy said, take your IDs off this forum immediately. You are giving away important data to any thief who happens to come along. This site used to be the regular haunt of hackers and folks with illegal copies of sibelius!
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

grantcahoon

Post by grantcahoon » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:09 pm

Andyg, I thought this was the official Sibelius Forum. ???

What OS will run Sibelius 7.x of these four? (1) El Capitan (2) Sierra (3) High Sierra (4) Mojave?

I thought I put this question on this forum already. Is it just getting erased?

MikeLyons

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:49 pm

If you go to the Quick Links section above, the drop down will show a list from which you should choose "Your Posts". You will see all of your posts on this forum, including the ones Andy and I have already answered.

As to "I thought this was the official Sibelius forum" - No, it isn't. There are no Sibelius/Avid staffers on this board. It hasn't been an officially supported forum since Avid bought Sibelius from the Finn brothers. At one time, it was a haunt of hackers and people using cracked versions of Sibelius because they couldn't login to the official forum.

The official forum is here:

https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... &groupid=3.

There are also a number of FB pages devoted to the three tiers of Sibelius.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sibeliussoftwareforum
https://www.facebook.com/groups/323691061147132
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=a ... st%20users

for startetrs.

El capitan is 10.11
Sierra is 10.12
High Sierra is 10.13
Mojave is 10.14

I googled this information - you could have done the same!

Put that together with my previous response to this question (also googled) and you will have your answer(s).