Sibelius Mixer Kontakt gets Ch2, Ch1 wrong, & Instruments

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
wfeg
Sibelius Version: 8.5.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by wfeg » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:48 pm

Why is using Kontakt VST's along with Sibelius so mysterious?????????????????
Why isn't there a good step-by-step video that can solve this problem for so many users?
I have had so much trouble using Kontakt with Sibelius.
When I finally get Kontakt VST, (Kontakt.dll 64-bit) into Sibelius, I still have difficulties in getting Sibelius to play sounds with Kontakt instrument sounds.

The next problem is that when I come to allocate Channels for the various instruments in the Mixer, the Mixer keeps:
1) Changing Channel to -.
2) Changing MIDI Channel 1 to MIDI Channel 2.
3) Allocating piano to MIDI Channel 1 and h=horn to MIDI channel 2.
The Sibelius Mixer used with Kontakt Factory Library, gets Ch2, Ch1 and Instruments wrong- please refer to the attached /JPG image file.
So you have to allocate 2 instances of Kontakt, one for each instrument type, or what?

Can anyone assist me please?

Wfeg
Attachments
Sibelius Mixer Kontakt gets Ch2, Ch1 wrong, & Instruments.jpg
Sibelius Mixer Kontakt gets Ch2, Ch1 wrong, & Instruments.jpg (238.64 KiB) Viewed 1567 times

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:37 pm

You won't get any different answers by asking the same questions! :(

You could ask on the official Sibelius chat pages, but I fear that the answers will be just the same - ie. you need to write a soundset file.

wfeg
Sibelius Version: 8.5.1

Post by wfeg » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:17 am

andyg wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:37 pm
You won't get any different answers by asking the same questions! :(

You could ask on the official Sibelius chat pages, but I fear that the answers will be just the same - ie. you need to write a soundset file.
andyg

What do you mean by 'ask on the official Sibelius chat pages'? That's what I thought I was doing in General Sibelius Help Section, rather than on the Playback Problems Section.
wfeg

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:31 am

This forum is NOT the OFFICIAL sibelius forum. That is found here:https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... &groupid=3.

This forum has been largely moribund for the last several years, with only a small number of die hards like andyg and myself still answering questions.. When Avid bought Sibelius from the Finn brothers, they took over the official forum and Avid staffers answer questions on there. Avid staffers don't come here any more.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk