Transposed Score problems with pdf's

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
elsie231
Sibelius Version: ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by elsie231 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:01 am

I make a lot of lead sheets, and often change keys. I made a lead sheet in Eb, then transposed it to C. Chords changed, notes changed, no problem. Until I tried to export as a PDF. The transposed score, in the key of C appeared correct except the Eb key signature reappeared on the PDF. It wasn't present on the original score when I looked at the file. The score had been saved in C. I closed Sibelius, reopened it, it appeared correct on the screen, I exported as PDF, and same thing happened -- the new PDF appeared in C with the Eb key signature. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or if it's a bug. The chart is unusable, and I spent 45 minutes trying to troubleshoot!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:16 am

Hi, we can only guess what's going on without sight of the actual Sib file. You can email it to me and I'll have a look. Email address in my signature.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:30 am

If you were on PC, I'd advise not to export a pdf but to use a pdf 'printer' to do the job. These are usually very reliable and efficient - not sure if you use them on Macs.

You're using Ultimate but what version, and are you using Big Sur? Only the more recent versions of Ultimate are fully compatible.

Do send the file to Mike, who will check it out for you. I can't do that as I don't have Ultimate.

Oh, as as I see that this is your first post, do be aware that this is not an official Sibelius forum. The official one is here:

https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3