Displaying bar numbers in split measures

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
RobertDAltman
Sibelius Version: 2019.9
Operating System: Windows

Post by RobertDAltman » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:30 pm

I've figured this out in the past, but darned if I remember how to do it... it's not obvious.

I have a score that displays the bar numbers at the beginning of each staff. If I split a measure and insert a system break at the split point (using Plug-ins->Split Bar), the measure number after the split displays in Sibelius as a ghosted number in brackets, and it doesn't print in the score.
  • How do I unhide the bar number? Clicking the ghosted bar number and unhiding it has no effect.
  • Is there any way to convince Sibelius that I really DO want to display and print the measure numbers of "short" measures following splits?

RobertDAltman
Sibelius Version: 2019.9
Operating System: Windows

Post by RobertDAltman » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:38 pm

Ha. Figured it out. You have to use the Change Bar Number command to explicitly assign the "ghosted" bar number to the split measure.

This fixes the ghosted bar number, but you need to remember to do this at every split measure. It would be great if Sibelius had a setting that would display the "split measure" bar numbers without having to jump through this extra hoop.