Activation Conundrum

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
rimore01
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by rimore01 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:23 pm

I have full version of Sibelius 7.5. My Mac OS is Big Sur, 11.2.3. This makes it impossible to add lyrics to a song. So, I decided to upgrade to Sibelius Ultimate, but I am having a devil of a time trying to activate Ultimate. I am in some kind of eternal loop, I do everything Avid says, but it never activates. I can't get the Avid App to open to activate Ultimate. I finally gave up and tried the 30-day tryout feature, and it said my 30-day trial period has expired! After 30 minutes!!

Anyone have an idea what I can do? Many thanks.

rimore01
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by rimore01 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:45 pm

Never mind - I figured it out! I opened up my "Defense Against the Dark Arts" textbook from Hogwarts (available at Amazon, the REAL Amazon in Africa), chanted one of the minor incantations to coax recalcitrant machines and software, signed a solemn oath in blood not to blame Sibelius, and then entered the system code and the activation code MANUALLY, Voila!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:35 pm

TBF, maybe because I've been a user for so long and I have always updated my software as soon as it comes out, I have only once had an activation problem. I think that I have also kept up my perpetual licence and support plan so I've never had to try to reinstate it.

Looking back over the years I've been a contributor to Sib forums (God, is it really so long> :-O) it has been mainly Mac users who have had the messy end of the stick - possibly because they are getting it from both sides. (Apple AND Avid).

I can always recommend starting a case with Avid Registration help. There is an address to go to, but I can't remember it. (If I were St Robin Walker I might be able to! ;-) )
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk