Unable to open Score File for Writing! Version 2021.2

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
happymontana
Sibelius Version: 2021.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by happymontana » Wed May 05, 2021 7:16 pm

Help, new friends!!

Sibelius really SUCKS on my machine. Windows/AMD lastest chip/etc..
I always have to re-install every 2-3 weeks to fix the error as it just stops working.
"Unable to open Score File for Writing! "
Example Video!
https://www.berrycast.com/conversations ... 215fa2125f

Irony: I had a notesetting house (Scores International) that did ALL of the Sibelius support in the 90's when they first came to the US
  • I've installed on different drives as a test
    I don't have a files permission issue
    I have to click OK about 2-4 times to get rid of the error
    Eventually nothing works and I go to reinstall again
    Sibelius support has taken over my computer only to reinstall like I would do anything = waste of my time as they have no solution
    I've tried running Sibelius ad an Admin

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Wed May 05, 2021 7:26 pm

You should be aware that this is an unofficial forum, nothing to do with Avid. It used to be the place that people with cracked copies would come for help when they couldn't access the official forum. Currently, there are two, maybe three people answering questions. I can't help you personally, so that's probably 50% of the available help gone!

The official forum is here: https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3

That's the place to ask the question.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Thu May 06, 2021 7:14 am

Installing and reinstalling rarely solves an issue like this.

I have had this error when I have downloaded a sib file from a website and that file has been placed in a temporary files folder. Rather than use Save, you should Save as to a folder of your choosing - prteferably in your My Documents folder.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

happymontana
Sibelius Version: 2021.2

Post by happymontana » Wed May 26, 2021 7:12 pm

andyg wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:26 pm
You should be aware that this is an unofficial forum, nothing to do with Avid. It used to be the place that people with cracked copies would come for help when they couldn't access the official forum. Currently, there are two, maybe three people answering questions. I can't help you personally, so that's probably 50% of the available help gone!

The official forum is here: https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3

That's the place to ask the question.

Hey! Thanks so much for the tip. :)