7 First License

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
dhjv62a
Sibelius Version: 7 First
Operating System: Windows

Post by dhjv62a » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:16 pm

My Sibelius 7 First license, purchased in 2016, suddenly became un-activated today.
I'm running Windows 10 and have been for at least 3 years with Sibelius 7 First working just fine.
When I tried entering my System Id & Activation Id, I'm told that the Avid license server cannot be reached. I get (Not Responding) and then the process Avid License Control times out. And, to check if I am on the Internet.
I've done this many times today with no success.
I tried re-installing Sibelius 7 First with no success when activating my valid license.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Please let me know.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:37 pm

You can no longer activate or activate older versions of Sibelius on line. That's been the case for some time.

If you look on the official Sibelius chat pages - https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3 you'll see that it's been discussed many times. There is a link on the chat page that will take you through to the instructions for how to do this, which are too long to post here.

For a licence to 'suddenly' de-activate, something has changed on your computer. It can be something as simple as plugging in a Bluetooth dongle. Sibelius erroneously thinks that it's been installed on a new PC.

You may have to raise a case with Avid - again the link's on the official chat page. And if you post the problem on that site, I'm sure someone will pass on an email address of someone at Avid.

Oh and be very aware of what Sibelius now call 'Sibelius First' is not the same as your 'First'. It's free, and is a very cut down version that's basically useless. The old 'First' is now just plain 'Sibelius' and what used to be called 'Sibelius' is now called 'Sibelius Ultimate'! Confused? The cynics amongst the Sibelius community think that's just what Avid wanted.

So should you decide to update to a new version at some point, be sure that you're buying the right one!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:55 am

You don't say what your OS is. If you are on a Mac and it has been upgraded to Big Sur then give up now. You will NEVER get Sib 7 of any variety to work on that OS. This, for once, is a deliberate ploy by Apple, nothing to do with Avid.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

dhjv62a
Sibelius Version: 7 First

Post by dhjv62a » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:42 pm

Thank you for your help. The process is daunting. I was successful!
Fortunately, I have everything I need for the next time my Sibelius 7 First hiccups.