Looking For Sibelius Scores Window

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:48 pm

To get to my scores in Sibelius I would click on File>Open> a window would open and I would click on the down arrow at the top of the page. When the little window opened with a menu I would choose Sibelius Scores and all my scores would open. That little window with a menu does not have Sibelius Scores any more just the word Scores which is not the same window with all my scores. Don't know what happened. It was perfect for getting to all my scores quickly. Does anyone know how I can get the words Sibelius Scores back into that little window with the menu? Thanks

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:37 pm

With the greatest respect - it's your computer, and it's your filing system. How can we be expected to work this out?
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

sus4

Post by sus4 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:46 pm

Mike thanks for your reply and no offense taken. What exactly do you mean "it's my computer and filing system"?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:54 pm

Although Sibelius has certain default locations for saving files, it uses your OS's file system. You can change the location or you can just choose to save to any random location you want to.

Only you can do that. Sibelius won't change the default location without you telling it to. By default, the location is the Scores folder within your Documents folder (or whatever the Mac equivalent is. You haven't even given us that smidgeon of information.)

My first suggestion would be to open an explorer window (windows) or a finder window (mac) and navigate to your documants folder. Find within it the Scores folder and make a nore of the actual address. Then open sibelius and type (or copy/paste) that address into file dialog that opens when you click File-->Open.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk