Sibelius ultimate with M1 MacBook Pro

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
bonkmp
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by bonkmp » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:00 pm

Sibelius ultimate with M1 MacBook Pro
I have been using Sibelius 8.2 on an old MacBook Pro that was dying so I got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 processor running Big Sur 11.5.2. I reinstalled 8.2 and it worked up to a point, I then downloaded Sibelius ultimate demo and have been frustrated with a number of issues. First and foremost I’ve been unable to select a path different than the default to save my files and when I do a search on my computer to find files I’ve been working on I can find backups but not the original saved file. When I close Sibelius, saving the file and reopen it, it is the original file and not a back up. I would like to know where the file is being saved and if there’s a problem with caused by the M1 one processor or the version of Big Sur that I’m using. Another problem I’ve had was using external listening devices for playback. I’ve tried both AirPods using Wi-Fi and physically plugging in corded headphones and can only hear playback through my laptop speakers. I have gone to system preferences and selected AirPods as an output device which will work with other applications. Lastly before my demo trial expires, is telephone tech-support available if you either buy a perpetual license or subscribe?
Thanks for any info, Martin Bonk

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:03 pm

By default files are saved where ever the marked box is set to.
Attachments
save-export dialog.png
save-export dialog.png (87.9 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

bonkmp
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by bonkmp » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:00 pm

I would appreciate any information on why I can't hear play back through air pods or headphones on MacBook pro and I am using the demo and want to know the availability of tech support as well as a version optimized for the M1 processor before I commit to a purchase.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:23 pm

Despite explications to the contrary, I would always make sure any device I intended to use with sibelius was connected and properly paired before starting up the program.

Sib 8.2 will NOT run properly on Big Sur or later. As you say, it will work up to a point. Latest version (the stupid iPad update ) is, apparently certified for use with the M1 chip.

Currently there is still no phone support. Official support channels are through the Sibelius website https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... &groupid=3 or through the various facebook pages.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk