To Complicated To Give It A Name

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:11 am

At some point I created a template of a big band score. When I enter a chord name like Abmaj7 it will automatically change to a A(with a triangle next to it) or I can go up top and click on Text then go over to the right and choose "Equivalent Chord Text" and keep clicking on that and I can choose a different name for a chord. This is all great the way I like it and my Delete button keeps going back as many times as I want.......hope you're following me. Now at some point I created a template to just write my simple songs out, lead sheet is another name. On this template I can't do any of what I just talked about. If I write Abmaj7 and want to change it, it won't let me. If I click on "Equivalent Chord Text" a window opens and tells me to choose a chord. My Delete button only goes back a few clicks and then it stops. I notice when I click on the name of a chord in my big band template, in the upper left corner the 4 little windows are blank, It doesn't tell you the font name or anything else in that area. But, in my piano template those 4 windows on the upper left on the screen are filled with information like the name of the font. I would like my piano template to be like my big band template. Hope someone understands all this. Thanks for any help.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:18 am

Try changing this box (image)
legacy chords.png
legacy chords.png (31.57 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
You probably don't want this ticked.
File-->Preferences-->Other
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

sus4

Post by sus4 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:50 pm

Mike thanks for your reply. I just tried what you suggested and everything is still the same. Don't understand why my piano template would be different than my big band template. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:07 pm

It won't change any text you have already entered. Try entering chord symbols from fresh. You could also try using reset design on an already entered symbol, but I'm not sure if that would work.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

sus4

Post by sus4 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 pm

It's Fixed! What I decided to do was to start all over. I went to Sibelius>File>New and created a new piano template and everything works the way it should now. There must have been some kind of glitch in the old template preventing it from working correctly. I'm able to do exactly what I want to do. Mike, thanks for your help.