Re-registration

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
rbartdoc
Sibelius Version: 3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by rbartdoc » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:12 pm

My registered copy of Sibelius 3 is trapped in a crashed computer. I've used the disc to load it into a standby computer but I've been unable to re-register it anywhere, by phone, internet, website, I've tried them all. Now the copy is disabled due to the program's internal pumpkin-making feature.

If I can manage to post this (2nd try) I would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks,
Rich Brown

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:48 pm

Sorry to be a pain, but you really need to contact avid's licensing department. Phone is no good. Try reaching out through the official Avid website or contact ingrid.guce@avid.com.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:22 am

You could also try posting the question on the official Sibelius chat page -
https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3
- and maybe one of the Avid staff like Justin Tokke or Ingrid Guce will respond.

But registering software as old as Sibelius 3 was never going to be possible on line. I have Sibelius 7.1.3 and I'll have to jump through hoops when I need to re-install.

In the meantime, if you need to produce some scores right now, download and install Musescore 3. It's powerful, free and no messy registration issues. Not sure if Sib 3 will import xml files (many years since I used it) but if it does you might even be able to transfer Musescore files to Sibelius.

And you might find that Musescore does everything you need. A lot of the keystrokes etc are deliberately similar to Sibelius so the learning curve is gentle! And Musescore 4 is just around the corner.

rbartdoc

Post by rbartdoc » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Thanks very much for the information. These are paths I haven't explored, and I will check them out. After all the frustration it's nice to hear a calm, reasoned voice. Thanks again.

rbartdoc

Post by rbartdoc » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm

Thank you! MuseScore is brilliant. I've been able to transfer all my files via XML, and they've all come through well enough to play. There were a few glitches, but nothing that will cause much bother. Many thanks, again.