Sibelius activation has stopped working

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
eddiebyrd
Sibelius Version: 2021.12 build 580
Operating System: Windows

Post by eddiebyrd » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:26 pm

Help, please!

After years of using an earlier versions, on January 5 I ordered the following:
============================================
Sibelius | Ultimate Subscriptions
-- 1-Year Subscription, Paid Upfront (Download)
SKU: 9511-66117-00 $ 199.00 1 $ 199.00
-- Standard Support
SKU: 0540-30463-11 $ 0.00 1 $ 0.00

You will be billed $ 199.00 now.
============================================
It activated and worked fine for a few days. Now, however, it is warning me more and more frequently that it is NOT activated. The main caption says "You have 11 days of your 30-day trial remaining". When I look in Avid Link it shows Sibelius Ultimate is ACTIVATED in green. However, it will now only open Sibelius in trial mode.

I orchestrate for my church orchestra and really, really need this software package to work almost every day. I have paid for it.

I admit I made an early mistake - I thought I was ordering the complete ultimate package and would have the ability to use Ultimate Sibelius every day, no holds barred. I will gladly pay the difference to get a permanent license, rather that a temporary subscription. I sent an message on the Avid site to this effect over a week ago, but have received no response.

So, HELP!!! I want to use Ultimate Sibelius and am willing to pay for it, but cannot tolerate continuing blackouts. Can anyone assist me with this problem? My time is running out...

Thank you!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:27 pm

You need to open a case. Email ingrid.guce@avid.com or justin.tokke@avid.com directly.

It's not clear whether you are subscribed to Ultimate or just sibelius. I know you've paid for a subscription, but my advice is, if you can afford to buy the perpetual full version of sibelius do that. I have heard so many stories of the subscriptions going wrong in the past that I would never recommend that route to anyone.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

eddiebyrd
Sibelius Version: 2021.12 build 580

Post by eddiebyrd » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:12 pm

Mike,

I will follow your advice immediately - THANK YOU!!!

Eddie