Errors on new Windows installation

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Chensta
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by Chensta » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:31 am

Hi,
I've been trying to install Sibelius on my new laptop for a week now and have been constantly running into problems.
I purchased a perpetual licence for Sibelius Ultimate in 2019 after transferring from the monthly subscription. All seemed fine but I've recently had to buy a new laptop after my harddrive failed. This means I couldn't deregister my old one but I should still have a 2nd machine as part of the licence with no problems.
I'm just getting errors at every stage of installation. When I go into the licence page on Avid link, I can see there is a licence available but when I click it, I get the error message "Activation Failed. Unknown error code. Flex error report; [1,7DE,9,0[6,5,3F3]". I've also noticed that even though the licence is marked as available, it has an expiry date of 28/11/2019 which is the date I switched from monthly to perpetual!

Can anyone help with this? I don't have access to support, so I'll be really upset if this turns out to be a waste of 100s of pounds :x

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:31 pm

My advice would be to contact one of the following email addresses directly:

justin.tokke@avid.com
ingrid.guce@avid.com

If they can't help you, they can direct you to the right people and possibly initiate a case contact.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Chensta
Sibelius Version: Ultimate

Post by Chensta » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:11 pm

Thank you!