Issue with selection and hidden instruments

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
ChicoVaca
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by ChicoVaca » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:05 pm

Hi to everyone!

I'm having problems while selecting two or more staffs in my orchestral scores. It turns out, if I hide an instrument that in the score it's written in between the two that I intend to copy, it also selects the hidden one and subsequently, copies it. Another issue that I'm having is that when I, for example, have copied two staffs (which are one directly above the other) and I want to paste it, if theres a hidden instrument between the two staffs that I'm pasting to, the hidden staff unhides so I have to hide it again. Is there a workaround to this?

Thanks in advance!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:17 pm

With regard to your first issue, select the bars in one staff that you want to copy, [ctrl]-click on the other staff and then copy. Those bars will paste into two consecutive staves in your score - provided you have selected them first.

I don't think there's a workaround for your second question.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk