New Instrument Problem

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
joecurtis
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by joecurtis » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:43 am

This is probably more of a Sibelius problem than a PhotoScore one. I have a PDF score that I have scanned into PhotoScore that contains parts for Horns in E (with key signature) that I am trying to transfer to Sibelius (v Ultimate 2022.3) using either the direct link from PhotoScore (v 2020.1) or as an import of the PhotoScore .opt file. As the import dialogue in Sibelius only contains Horn in E [no key] in the All Instruments/Brass category, I set about creating a new brass instrument in the 'All Instruments' and 'Band Instruments' ensembles with the edit instruments dialogue. Although the new instrument appears in the edit instruments dialogue when I create it, after closing the dialogue and trying to import the file again, the new instrument still doesn't appear in the import dialogue.
Any help to solve this conundrum would be appreciated

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:11 am

If you save your set up with the new instrument as a House Style: Appearance > House Style > Export > [HS Name]

You can then select the House Style in the Photoscore Import dialog and Choose Instruments (rather than let Sibelius choose), and your new instrument should be one of the options.

I've never used this method, but it seemed to work after a quick test (in Sib 7.5). Hope it helps.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11