Automate replacement of existing tuplet brackets

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
MichaelComposer
Sibelius Version: 8.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by MichaelComposer » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:23 pm

Does anyone know how to automate the replacement of "no tuplet brackets" with tuplet brackets? I am revising a longish score, where I originally entered some of the tuplets with just the number and no bracket. It would help a lot if there were a way to automate their replacement with a bracket (if there isn't an existing one.) I am aware of the settings for new tuplets and brackets in the home menu, and for the ability to change the brackets via the Inspector. I have not found anything to make a global change in an existing score where the tuplets are already present in the way I have described. If there were a way to select all tuplets and do a find and replace, that would be perfect. I'll be so grateful if someone has a workable answer. Thanks. Michael

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:05 pm

Select the whole score, open the Inspector and set Notes-->Tuplet to Bracket.
auto bracket.png
auto bracket.png (132.17 KiB) Viewed 2100 times

If you are running Sib 6 it is in the properties panel under notes.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

MichaelComposer
Sibelius Version: 8.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by MichaelComposer » Thu May 05, 2022 9:15 am

MIke, I have only just seen your kind reply.

Thank you very much!

Michael Lawson