Version Changed; NOT By Me

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
violasrsupreme
Sibelius Version: 2018.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by violasrsupreme » Mon May 16, 2022 5:09 am

I am licensed for Sibelius Perpetual Product since 2018. Due to a long story, the only version I can use is 2018.1. Which works just fine. However, the other day when I opened the program on my desktop (Windows 11), a newer version was there. Same thing when I opened on the laptop. I did not install the newer version, and cannot use it. So, I had to uninstall on both machines, and reinstall my preferred version. What a time-waster that was. Question is, how did this happen ? Is there some sort of automatic update thing going on ? This is the first time this happened. I do not want this to happen again........

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Mon May 16, 2022 7:35 am

You need to check your settings in you MyAvid account. Sibelius, AFAIK, has no automatic update system to go from one version to the next. It has certainly never happened to me. I do, however, keep up my update plan, so if it did happen, I may not notice.

Perhaps you should pose this question on the official Avid Sibelius forum here: https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... &groupid=3.

I'd be very interested to see what excuses they can come up with.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

violasrsupreme
Sibelius Version: 2018.1

Post by violasrsupreme » Mon May 16, 2022 4:18 pm

Thanks for quick reply ! I did check my Avid account to see if there was such a thing as "settings", but did not find anything. I will try the link you provided, thanks !