How can I use ‘Transform Scale’ plugin but retain note colours?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
peterspiano

Post by peterspiano » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:30 pm

Hello,

I’m compiling a list of somewhat complicated chord progressions in different modes and different keys and I’m trying to make the voice leading a tiny bit more understandable by highlighting the repeated tones between different chords in special colours. I’m using the transform scale to automate some of this work process but regretfully the colours which I’ve painstakingly added in are annulled when I use this plugin. Well, to be honest, they’re not annulled, but rather moved around in an manner to which I see no order - one chord is completely red, and then the next has one red note, anyways nothing similar to the color coding which I had at the outset before the ’transform scale’ use. Is there a way to retain the colours and still use the plugin?

One work around I’ve already employed (which though results in more work) is manually selecting the notes using ‘advanced filter’ and then altering them as needed. The colours stay the same, but it just seems a bit of a shame not to use the transform scale plugin when I could.

(The project is pretty dense 40 or so pages before I can then select all and start transposing the whole thing to different roots/fundamentals. Thus my desire to automate where I can.)

Thanks for your time!

Peter

ps. Incase it’s relevant I’m using: Version 2020.1 build 2221. Mac OS 10.15.3

pps. One other work around, which is a bit not so elegant, but maybe I'm just not doing it yet in an elegant way, is to change the coloured notes to different voices. Ie make all the notes which I want to be red in voice 2 then regardless of what happens I can then select voice 2 and voila, hm, but I haven't tried this with transform scale yet. Also, the spacing of all the accidentals go a bit haywire, ie the notes which are a second apart are no longer sightly spaced out horizontally. Also the accidentals then appear somewhat on top of each other. Here's hoping that someone knows how to "use ‘Transform Scale’ plugin but retain note colours" all within voice 1. I'll stop writing this novel now :)

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:10 pm

There are only three of us answering questions on this old, unofficial forum. I don't know the answer, so that's 33% of the help gone! :)

I'd ask on the official Sibelius Forum. https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3

peterspiano

Post by peterspiano » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:43 pm

will repost in other forum, thanks! :)