Ties prevent nudge

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Rossini
Sibelius Version: 2022.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by Rossini » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:08 am

Hi,
There's an odd issue with one .sib file I'm working on, unfortunately I need to make use of this file.
If I put a tie between notes, I can't nudge the right (tied to) note left, it immediately jumps a few steps left and then I can nugde further left without any problem.
If I select the right note with my mouse and drag it, it first jumps but then I can nudge it any way I want.
If I delete tie, I can nudge all the notes without any problem.
This only seems to affect only one file, when I copy the troublesome passage to another file it seems to work fine.
But in the file I need it most - it won't work.
In the attached jpg file it's the first tie. If I delete it and put a new tie over it, the new tie will be shorter and I will be able to nudge it. It won't work in the original file though, the new tie will be always "unnudgeable" and slightly longer.
I'd attach .sib file but it won't me, probably doing something wrong.
Maybe it's something very basic, I didn't find a solution though.
Thanks for any help,
Paul
Attachments
tie problem.jpg
tie problem.jpg (77.76 KiB) Viewed 3146 times

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:53 am

This forum does not allow the attachment of .sib files. If it is just the one file, why not make a new file and just copy everything over into that? It's pretty much a 3 step process but you'll have a bit of tidying up to do afterwards.

My email address is in my sig if you are determined not to do this.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:30 am

Is there a musical reason why you are tying the two semiquavers in your example, rather than simply using a quaver? Or is this just an example.

And why do you need to 'nudge' the notes?

Rossini
Sibelius Version: 2022.5

Post by Rossini » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:54 pm

The file above is just an example, I've simplified notation so that different tie length would be easily visible. As I engraved whole file with many minute changes I would really prefer not to risk doing everything once again. I'm sending an e-mail to you right now.