Sibelius Ultimate

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Johnblack
Sibelius Version: ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by Johnblack » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:40 pm

Full update. I have a long score (Bach cello V suite) and sometimes, without an intervention, suddenly it turns out that some notes (very often in different part of the score currently played) were changed and most often changed to pause or different rythm. How can this happen? Regards (PS when useful I can post the score)

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:16 am

OK, let's start off with a clear fact - Sibelius cannot change the rhythm or pitch of any notes in your score without your intervention. It does not have any autonomic functions! The only things that it can change are the graphical positions of barlines, staves and text/graphics on the page as part of its automatic layout functions. It cannot change rhythms by itself.

I think you need to email me a copy of your score, showing where these supposed changes occur. (Email address in my signature.)
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk