Help writing plugin

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
bryla
Sibelius Version: 2020
Operating System: Mac

Post by bryla » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:29 pm

I'm dipping my feet into writing a plug-in that can filter all text objects that contain a certain character. For example =.

I'm following Bob Zawalichs method with using a copy of Custom Filter but for the life of me I can't figure out what to write in the code to have it select what I want.

Can anyone here help? This is the code written in IsDesiredObject of the Custom Filter plugin:

// Replace the condition in this method to customize for other objects
// By default it filters both system and staff Text objects and Lyric syllables that have been selected

if ((obj = null) or (IsObject(obj) = False)) // generic validity check
{
return False;
}

// ****************** Your code goes here, replacing the next block

if ((obj.Type = "Text") or (obj.Type = "SystemTextItem") or (obj.Type = "LyricItem"))
{
return True;
}

// ****************** end code to replace

return False;

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:29 am

You are much more likely to get an answer to this on the official Avid Sibelius website here: https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... &groupid=3

I don't think any of us here have much experience of creating plugins, but Bob Zawalich, the master himself, often contributes there.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

bryla
Sibelius Version: 2020
Operating System: Mac

Post by bryla » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 pm

Thank you :)