Parts Duplication Problem.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:29 pm

Going to Parts/Layout/Copy Part Layout will open a window which shows the Source Part in the left column and the Destination Part in the right column. You highlight the part you want in the Source column and then you highlight the part you want to duplicate the layout in the right Destination column. You click OK and the Destination part layout should now be a duplication of the Source column layout. Well that's not happening and I can't figure out why. I want to copy the 1st Alto part layout to the 2nd Alto part layout. This would save a lot of time redoing the parts to look well. When I press OK the 2nd Alto part comes out with 3 pages and the 1st Alto part has 2 pages. I Would be able to fix this myself if I knew how to move the staves from page 3 to page 2. Moving staves up or down is pretty easy and I've even moved staves from page 1 to page 2, or going from the left page to the right page. But, moving staves from the right page back to the left page is the problem. If any one has experience with this please let me know. Thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:26 am

1. turn off auto justification features in parts (auto breaks etc) through Parts-->Part Appearance-->All Parts
part appearance all parts.png
part appearance all parts.png (167.74 KiB) Viewed 2027 times
2. make sure all parts have the same margin settings and staff size.

Using copy part layout will not be successful if these are different. Also, if the 2nd Alto has more notes (fewer rests) or different rhythms the parts may not fit on exactly the same number of systems. Without seeing the file we can't know this.

Although I don't recommend this as a default position, you could make the 2nd alto part have a slightly smaller staff size and see if that will solve the issue.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

sus4

Post by sus4 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:13 pm

Mike, you really know this program. I followed your suggestions and the parts I want to print out are working out pretty good. I did have to play around with it a little, but I'm getting it slowly. Thanks for your help.