Sound output issues- Sibelius 8.3 Mac Monterey OS

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sidaking

Post by sidaking » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:28 am

My 2016 MacBook Pro died last week, and I just bought a new MacBook Pro (Monterey OS). I am using Sibelius 8.3. Now, on the new computer, the only audio engine Sibelius recognizes is the laptop speakers and not the headphone port. I am unable to listen to playback on headphones or on any audio device that plugs into the headphone port. What can i do to be able to use the headphone port? Thank you very much!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:42 pm

Sibelius 8.5 is not compatible with Monterey and will never work properly. Audio issues are just the start of it, there's lots that won't work. Blame Apple for making it so. :(

You basically have 3 options:

1) Upgrade to the latest version of Sibelius Ultimate. (Not Sibelius Artist or plain Sibelius) Try to buy a perpetual licence from one of the resellers like Sweetwater in the USA. If not, go on the subscription bandwagon.
2) Downgrade the Mac O/S to an older version (probably not possible, knowing Apple's hardware)
3) Buy a refurbished Windows laptop and dedicate it solely to Sibelius. Windows 11 will run every version back as far as v5 and possibly further back than that!

sidaking

Post by sidaking » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:37 am

Thank you!