graphics in a template

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
bluesyluke
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by bluesyluke » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:39 pm

Hi, I have 2 questions regarding graphics in a template. I prepare the sheets for a six-part combo. Instead of writing the instrument name, I use little graphics that I place in the left upper corner (so that it shows a little tenor sax or trumpet instead of the Bb marking, and a little keyboard for the piano part and so on...).
1. When I make a template from an existing score, the graphics don't show up in the template or in a new score based on that template. So how do I incorporate these drawings in a template?
2. When the drawings are in the score and I add or delete bars, the drawings change place (sometimes outside the printable area). Can I put those drawings at a fixed place so that they don't move around when I'm changing something in the score?
thanks in advance

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:07 pm

Sibelius' handling of graphics is still very poor - they can't even properly WYSIWYG text!
The answer to 2. is no.
The answer to 1. is maybe. When I use graphics in a template they do appear in scores based on that template. They don't always appear in the same place on the page and, as you say, they sometimes appear off the page. I have not yet found any way to make them work reliably.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk