small staves in piano part

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Carmelious
Sibelius Version: 2019.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by Carmelious » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Hi.
How do I create this kind of parts - keyboard + small staves - out of a partiture? Is it possible to make these without creating new instruments?
btw, for some reason I can't find any function that creates a small staff anymore. neither in the inspector.
Using sibelius 2019
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (154.02 KiB) Viewed 2387 times

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:47 am

If you are only using Sibelius 2019, then you are using a cut-down version of the program that does not allow you to have small staves. That is only available in Sibelius Ultimate.

Would I be right in thinking that you moved from something Like Sibelius 7.x and thought you were getting the same product? If so, you have been misled by Avid's stupid name changes. It goes like this:

Avid Changed Sibelius to Sibelius Ultimate, Sibelius|First to just Sibelius (and later to Sibelius|Artist) and then created a new Sibelius |First, which is even more crippled than Sibelius|First was, but it's free.

Anyone moving from Sibelius 7.x to Sibelius has actually DOWNGRADED.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk