Cant get Sibelius to work.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
KevinClark
Sibelius Version: ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by KevinClark » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:31 am

I used Sibelius 5 for nearly twenty years and upgraded to Ultimate on 31/10/2022, plus a brand new computer and midi keyboard. Now, three weeks later - total frustration, 24 emails to Avid, a two hour remote session with Avid and nobody can make the program work. We have tried every audio engine and combination , Sibelius might work for a while and the next day it won't. Just distorted sounds, or no sounds, when NOTHING has been changed. And then it might suddenly work for an hour or so. There is nothing wrong with the computer.. everything else works.. except Audacity when Sibelius is 'running'. I and my techs have spent hours on it, phone calls with Australian Sibelius agents, remote session with Avid. Nothing. Has anyone else had this? I need serious help. Are the older versions of Sibelius more stable?

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:20 am

This is a question for the official Sibelius forum: https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3

This is a very old, almost moribund forum, and there are only three people still here answering questions when we can. The official forum has many, many members - some of them seem to know more than the Avid staff!

The key words for me were 'new computer'. As a first step, if you haven't already done so, make sure all your audio drivers are up to date. Do not take Windows' word for it if it says they are, instead go to the website of the manufacturer of your sound card/chip and get the latest from there. Install, restart and see what you have then.

The other two guys on here may have some ideas, but in the meantime, you know where to ask.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:47 pm

Sorry, I don't have any insights on this, but may have run into similar problems with Sibelius 5, the first version I owned. I must have given up on Sib 5 at some point, but I do still occasionally run Sibelius 6.2 on my Windows 10 and 11 machines, and it seems very stable on both platforms. In fact I usually use Sibelius 6 Sounds for playback as it's much less bloated than 7.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11