last settings (ultimate 2022.10)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Pierre
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2022.10
Operating System: Mac

Post by Pierre » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:54 pm

Am I imagining things ? It seems that in the latest version of Ultimate, when I reopen scores that I already worked on, saved and closed, Sibelius looses the last settings. I don't recall Sibelius behaving that way.

For example, I always have the ribbon closed and all parts opened. As far as I remember, Sibelius kept these settings for every score. Now, each time I open a score, the ribbon is down, and no parts are opened.

Ok, I have a shortcut to close the ribbon and another for Bob's plugin to open all parts, but it's annoying to redo it each time. These settings seem to be lost when I close Sibelius and reopen it.

Am I missing something ? I went to preferences, but didn't find anything.
Best regards
Pierre
Sibelius ultimate 2022.10 - Mac 13.01
pierrejulien.net

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Possibly a question best asked on the official Sibelius chat page rather than this old, unofficial forum?

I don't know the answer and that's 1 out of 3 possible responders! One of the other two may know....

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:52 pm

It may be that the last update lost your view/display/files settings.

Set up the view how you want it (all parts open, no ribbon etc - and include any tick boxes you want in the View tab of the ribbon)) then use the following to restore your settings:

File-->Preferences-->Display-->Set Custom View Options, then check Custom view options at the bottom of the dialog.
]then close out and go to:

File-->Preferences-->Files. Click Set custom size and position, then check Open to custom size and position. You might also want to choose optyions from the Opening files section of this dialog.

Close out then close and restart sib. Your selections should be active, if you've done it correctly.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Pierre
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2022.10
Operating System: Mac

Post by Pierre » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:03 am

Hi

from andyG
Possibly a question best asked on the official Sibelius chat page rather than this old, unofficial forum?
Thank Andy. Tried that, but nobody answered back. Not an inspiring enough question I guess. Not being a Facebook user, I've seen that Mike also responds in this forum, that's why I tried here.

@MikeLyons
Thanks a heap for your answer Mike. I fiddled around to find the best solution and now settings seem to be maintained from one file to another. With new open files I do have to set the display as I want it and save it, but settings seem to hold on, even after quitting and opening Sibelius.

Hope your day is a nice one.
Best regards
Pierre
Sibelius ultimate 2022.10 - Mac 13.01
pierrejulien.net

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:25 pm

Hey Pierre,
AFAICR, the settings, once set up, should apply to all scores. They are being done in the File tab of the ribbon, which means they are global. See if any of the other options help.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk