Hide/Show Stanzas not working

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
AmyVW
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by AmyVW » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:51 pm

Hello good folks,

I'm really struggling with my Hide/Show stanzas function. I'm running Sib.8 on a mac and using the latest operating system. However, whenever I highlight/right click the empty stanzas (ex. the first 16 bars of Blackbird where the men have a solo and I want to hide the S/A sections) and click "hide stanzas" (or use the button in the layout bar), the bars continue to show. This remains the same no matter what view or pdf files etc. that I use.

What am I doing wrong??

Thanks so much for your help!
-A

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:23 am

As I said in my other reply, your version of Sibelius is now incompatible with your Mac operating system. You'll have to upgrade to the latest version of Sibelius Ultimate. Blame Apple for costing you money, not Sibelius! :(

It may well be less expensive to buy a Windows laptop and dedicate it solely to Sibelius. Windows will still run any version of Sibelius as far back as 5 and possibly further.

AmyVW

Post by AmyVW » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:31 pm

Thanks so much. I just got Sibelius Ultimate (the year long subscription) in August. Shouldn’t this one work?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:16 pm

Sibelius will only hide staves if they are completely empty. Select an empty staff that fills the width of a system and press [delete]. Staves won't hide in Panorama mode. (IIRC)
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

AmyVW

Post by AmyVW » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:11 pm

So, I've upgraded to the newest version of Sibelius and still I can't seem to hide the staves that aren't full. I have a choral arrangement and I want to hide, for example, the S/A parts when the Baritones have a solo. I've made sure the bars that I want to hide are clear and that I'm not in panorama mode but when I select them and try to press "hide empty staves" ...nothing happens...

What am I doing wrong...? I still wonder if this isn't compatible with Sibelius and the newest MAC operating system. I used to be able to do this (I believe)...

Is anyone else experiencing this?