Sibelius not playing dynamics correct

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
qaantar
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by qaantar » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:57 pm

Hello! I'm having trouble with some dynamics that Sibelius is not playing correctly.

I've got a sforzando (sudden loud) and then the following measure starts mp/pp.

*If* I start playing from the very beginning of the piece, Sibelius plays it correctly. However, if I start playing anywhere else before the sforzando, the mp measure comes out very loud.
sibelius_screenshot.png
sibelius_screenshot.png (29.84 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
Normally this might not be so bad. However, when I export the file as an MP3, Sibelius exports it wrong and plays the mp/pp loudly -- and really, it's just the bass/pp part. It doesn't come down from the sfz. So I really need to get this fixed.

I've tried moving around the pp, but it really doesn't do anything. If I move it all the way to the second half of the measure (to the 2nd half note), it will work, but... that's no good. It's almost like the sfz is overpowering everything.

Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix this? Thanks!

Q

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:19 pm

I'd complain about this on the official Avid Sibelius forum. It has been a long standing issue with Sibelius that dynamics which play when started from the beginning don't play when starting part way through.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk